The only way to get a rough estimate would be over the phone, but read on further to get a better idea about how pricing works. Most people want to have a cut and dry pricing, but as many other industries, it’s not that simple. Wildlife control has many factors that affect the pricing, type of animal, the specific problems they are causing, damage inflicted, the number of animals, what kind of building is jeopardized , all of these are factors that affect the cost. So the best option would be to call and get a rough estimate over the phone, after you describe what’s going on you’ll get a more accurate response. Ultimately however, if it’s a complex job, the final price can only be quoted after a full inspection of the situation has been completed.
As with anything, not all wildlife companies are the same, and this is important to know. Be sure that whoever you decide to use, that you go with the company that guarantees a permanent solution. You can of course opt for a cheaper solution, such as poisoning, simple ground trapping where addressing home repairs and prevention aren’t taken into account, but the problem will forever continue. When done correctly, you should never have to address the problem again. Be aware that if you don’t address the problem, it could end up being more costly- animals damage the home, the longer you prolong addressing the situation, the worse the damage can become.
Here are some ballpark figures, as we said before, a more solid number could be quoted over the phone after a description of what the situation is exactly.
• Dead Animal Removal: The carcass must be found, and this usually entails a lot of crawling through attics, under house etc. Many times, the carcass has to be cut out of the wall, and then the area has to be repaired. Cleanup should always be part of the job. These jobs can start at $200
• Rodents In a Building: Is a complex situation, where all entry points into the building have to be shut with steel, otherwise the problem will never be permanently solved. Mice and rats can chew into many materials and very small holes, including roof pipes and plumbing lines. To get rid of all of them, they have to be trapped and removed, and this can take multiple service visits. There can also be a cleaning required afterward, this job can start at $370 and up.
• Raccoons: This is usually a complex case as it usually involves a momma and her litter of babies. The mother has to be trapped, and the new of baby racoons must be removed. This normally requires multiple service visits. Repairs are often extensive as the entry holes must be found. Damage to insulation and ducts may be necessary also the attic might need to be cleaned. Racoons usually start at $400 and up for a complete permanent solution.
• Ground Trapping: This is a much simpler job. If you need problematic wildlife trapped and removed, you’ll probably get charged a service call visit in which the company will come and set up traps on your property. The traps need simple monitoring, when animals do get trapped, they’ll be removed and relocated accordingly, or euthanized if the municipality calls for it. A simpler job such as this one does require several service visit and the animal has to be dealt with after it’s been trapped. Jobs like this start at $260 and up.
• Other Animals: A single service job, such as a possum stuck in a garage, or a snake removal is the easiest and simplest of all, and these jobs start at $130. A very fairly prices company that deals with wildlife control Toronto is Local Pest Pros
These were just several examples, there are many more situations possible. Prices vary considerably depending on the type of job, but this is just a rough estimate. Again, your best bet to a more accurate estimate would be to call a wildlife control company. Hiring a capable technician in any industry isn’t cheap. That is true for electricians, plumbers and other advanced specialty trades in fields such as problematic wildlife removal. Following are some specific considerations for problem wildlife control professionals:
• Equipment: Every technician should have truck with ladders, helmets and lots of traps varying in size, as well as tools. Also included are snake tongs, snare poles and excluder funnels.
• Risks and Dangers: Because of the hard to reach places, this is a dangerous job considering. Lots of ladders work, on roofs etc. Also the handling of wild animals can have its risks, be it transmitting disease or blood being drawn from a bite.
• Certification and Licensing: Wildlife removal is regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, as well as other departments of agriculture.
• Liabilities and Insurance: Wildlife control companies all carry insurance to protect themselves and you from possible accidents or damage inflicted while dealing with risky moves like climbing roofs, unpredictable wildlife etc.
Wildlife control is a highly specialized field, it is subject to various provincial and federal laws. It is
More costly to hire a shoddy company or to procrastinate/not do anything at all.